🌴 'CARRYING SUGAR CANE' WATERCOLOUR 8X5 GICLÈE ART PRINT Black Woman Barbados Christmas Kwanzaa Home Decor GIFTS
Limited Edition Of Size 5x8 Giclèe Art Print- £12.00
'CARRYING SUGAR CANE'
'...these ladies walked the cane fields for hours and hours on end. They wore light cotton 'day dresses' or 'work dresses'. Button-down with neat collars. To me, these dresses are beautiful, the design and cut encapsulates both the strength and vulnerability of the wearer '
The illustration depicts a day in the life of black women in Barbados in the 1930's. The production of sugar was the largest generator of income. Plantation owners worked their enslaved labourers for most of the day. Women would spend back-breaking hours cutting and carrying cut cane through the fields. The strength of the Black Caribbean woman today is a testimony to the courage of these woman of the past.
Small prints make an awesome-sauce gift because their size is easy for the receiver to find a place to display them. Especially if they don't' have a lot of wall space. Think about how the receiver could display + enjoy this print each day. Such as in a work cubical, studio, bedside table or on top of the loo, as a bit of bathroom glam 😊 Print Colours: soft pinks, blues, oranges + light shimmery gold.
FRAME NOT INCLUDED
Would you like a unique print? Select 'Enhanced' Shantell will use real drawing inks to retouch your giclèe art print. Turning the print into an original.
- Watercolour, Ink, Coloured pencil, Graphite pencil. 'Day 040 Carrying Sugar Cane'. Original illustration from the #TUTMission100 series 2015. Unsigned.
- LIMITED EDITION OF 3'500 GICLÈE PRINTS SIZE 5x8. A digital logo will be printed in the corner of the print. Rough edge on one side where the paper was divided.
- Giclée printed in our North London studio, on beautiful ice white 200 gms acid-free; archival; heavyweight cartridge paper. This is an Epson inject print using Epson DURA Brite fade-resistant inks. Inks will not fade for 75 years + if kept away from direct sunlight. Paper size 5x8 (148 x 210 mm ) The paper is slightly textured so the image feels more like it was illustrated straight onto the paper rather than printed. All prints will have a small logo printed either in the corner or within the print. Frame not included. The picture with the frame is just an example to kick start your imagination :)
- Colour may also vary from computer screen to actual print.
- Certificate Of Authentication- This print will come with a small certificate of proof attached.
- Please allow 3-5 days for this item to be shipped
UNSIGNED - This will be dated + numbered by the artist in pencil either on the front or back of the giclée print. Where ever the artist decides is appropriate without spoiling the print. Unsigned lowers the collectable value. Unsigned option will have a small logo printed on the corner.
SIGNED BY ARTIST +£10.00 - will be signed, dated + numbered by the artist in pencil either on the front or back of the giclée print. Signed raises the collectable value. Signed option will have a small logo printed on the corner.
ARTIST ENHANCED- + £20.00
Shantell will enhance the giclée print by retouching with real inks and brush to enhance the image. As a result, no two prints are alike. Your print will be unique + an original. Also hand signed, dated in pencil on the front or back of the print.
Enhanced option will have a small logo printed on the corner.
- 5 x8 127mm x 203 mm
- Product Code: TUTCANEA5
WHERE TO HANG THIS ART PRINT?
Hang this on your focus wall, hallway, bedroom any place where you wanna add a touch of personality. This print will align you, helping you to feel acknowledged, uplifted and loved. A perfect print for any contemporary, traditional home or studio.
PRINT INSPIRATION/ COLLECTION
This art print is part of a series of 100 daily illustrations inspired by Shantell's desire to rewire a negative mindset which for years had her seeking approval and validation from others.
COPYRIGHTED - This print copyrighted. It is for your personal use only. Do not redistribute or resell.
Would you like to see what inspires Shantell's designs + artwork? Great! Here is a video...
Four months of daily drawing/painting done. The final piece on the 100th day of the TUTMission.
All 100 drawings and paintings..